DIY Amazing Natural Sanitizing Wipes
After weeks of not being able to find sanitizing wipes at stores I took matters into our own hands and told Caron I was going to create my own. The plus side was we had all the ingredients to create our own at home. Now that I’ve made this version I’ll never go back to store bought again.
The first dilemma was figuring out what container to use to hold the wipes. In the end I ended up using a plastic container that was tall enough to hold half a roll of paper towels. For this version we used Bounty paper towels because that is the what we had on hand but I’m sure other brands would work just fine.
This recipe takes about 10 minutes and can be switched up to include different essential oils.
- One paper towel roll
- Two cups of distilled water (you can use tap water if that is all you have on hand)
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups of denatured alcohol which is 85.5% alcohol (feel free to use 70% or 99% alcohol)
- 1 TBSP of Refreshing Liquid Soap
- 1 TBSP of aloe vera extract or gel
- 1 TBSP witch hazel (optional)
- 5-10 drops of Lavender & Eucalyptus essential oil (I love Eucalyptus for it’s antibacterial properties and the calming scent of Lavender pairs well with this but you can use any essential oil combination you’d like)
Get your paper towel roll and cut it in half with a sharp knife. Make sure the height will work for your container. The container I used was narrower then the roll so I used a partly used paper towel roll.
Take the half paper towel roll and put it inside your container
In a separate glass jar combine the water, alcohol, liquid soap & optional witch hazel
Stir everything together and then add in your essential oil combination.
Slowly pour the mixture over the paper towel roll inside the container. I made sure to soak the entire roll with the solution.
After a few minutes take out the cardboard tube inside of the paper towel roll
I found there was too much mixture inside so I poured out excess liquid and put it in a mason jar with lid to use in the future.
Also kept the other half of the paper towel roll nearby to replace when this one is finished.
It’s easy peasy to make and your counters will be sparkling clean with great smelling wipes.
Leave a comment