Enjoy the End of Summer
It happens every year. We anxiously wait for spring, then summer to appear when August hits all of the sudden it’s swept away into fall. But wait….it’s still August and there are just over 2 weeks left to enjoy the lovely weather (well at least in Canada and the USA). I know school starts in August in the USA but here in Canada it doesn’t start until early September and if you’re not in school it’s a moot point anyway. So ignore all those people talking about prepping for Halloween, or those chatting about Fall and what to wear (maybe keep one ear open for fashion trends J)
So why does August get lost? I really don’t know but I do know that the world rushes by at a dizzying pace so refuse to let that happen. When someone talks about an event after August just say you are trying to enjoy August.
What can you do in 2 weeks? A lot, actually so here’s a handy dandy list to soak up the last days of summer. If you are in BC the nice weather goes well into September and sometimes can creep into early October.
- Head to a local coffee shop, sit outside, enjoy every sip of that coffee/tea/cold drink. Relish the beautiful day, people watch or chat with a friend about anything.
- Walk, bike or drive to an ocean and listen to the waves, walk along the shore.
- Pick a new area of town to explore and just enjoy all the sights and sounds.
- Read a good book or magazine and make a nice tea or coffee at home.
- Hike with a friend up a mountain or trail.
- Sit with a candle outside and watch the sunset
- Make a picnic and head to the beach.
How do you spend the last days of summer where you live?